Receive Real-time Intelligence from Your Network
Protect Your Business and Drive Revenues with Radware’s Inflight Proactive Monitoring Solution
Inflight™ is an out-of-path, network-based pervasive monitoring appliance that captures all user transactions from ‘in-flight’ network traffic and delivers real-time intelligence for business applications. Inflight enables organizations to leverage these valuable insights to identify business events or security threats embedded in web transactions and respond instantaneously. Inflight delivers actionable, real-time business events to any back-end analytic system.
The combination of several tools for transforming raw internet traffic to meaningful business intelligence, makes Inflight a unique monitoring solution:
- A powerful user programmable parser, capable of extracting any piece of information from any user session, and classify it per user or server session, based on simple information such as source/destination IP or more complex data like cookie information or information extracted by the parser itself
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) engine, which can process the information extracted by the parser, on the fly, identify browsing patterns as well as transactions patterns (time based and sequence based patterns) – adding another layer of information to the Business Intelligence Inflight can provide
- A wide variety of feeds – enabling Inflight to push information to most analytical engines, logging machines and other third party reporting tools
Using Inflight as a mediation solution for the various mediation dependent applications can apply to different verticals such as e-commerce sites, online financial institutions, online gambling sites and any organization with an online presence and logging requirements. The following are examples to common mediation-dependent application needs per vertical:
E-commerce sites for example, are all required to meet PCI regulation, to protect transactions and secret credit card information. As part of this regulation, e-commerce sites must keep extensive logs on web activity in their site, across their different web applications. Inflight provides an easy to deploy mediation solution, which eliminates the 30% performance penalty web application servers normally suffer from, by offloading the logging task to a dedicated external device. Moreover, the Inflight solution produces a more readable and rich log, with enriched information like geo location per user, transaction pattern etc, without any additional investment.
Online financial institutions are another vertical example where Inflight addresses specific needs. Protecting their online banking services portal from fraudulent activity requires advanced anti fraud solutions, as well as in-depth monitoring of all online transactions to empower the anti fraud solution. Inflight provides a highly agile monitoring solution, which eliminates the risk and complexity of standard integrated meditation agents, integrated in the bank’s web applications. As a result, updating the anti fraud solution and the related mediation functionality can be executed with much shorter time to market.
Online gambling sites represent a vertical market which entire business relies on the online channel. There are many critical business needs which are strongly dependent on the mediation solution’s capabilities. Inflight provide online gambling sites with a strong mediation device, which can monitor all traffic and transactions on the site, analyze and identify fraudulent betting patterns in real time. Through the integration of Inflight with Radware’s DefensePro Attack Mitigation System (AMS), Inflight can instantly have suspected sessions blocked, preventing monetary losses from the gambling site, before they occur.
Inflight’s deployment architecture provides a mediation solution which is completely separated from the production environment. It enables full separation of the mediation task from the web application server, resulting in both more efficient web application code as well as more efficient mediation solution.
The unique architecture increases the agility of any mediation-dependent solution as well as provides the following benefits:
- Independent, out-of-path monitoring solution
- Separates the (evolving) monitoring function from the development of the Web application
- Seamlessly deployed in the network, requiring no network configuration changes nor application changes
- Requires no integration with production application
- Enables shorter staging and testing cycles and eliminates website downtime for any upgrade or change
- Faster application rollout / update TTM, for any mediation dependent application
While Inflight efficiently addresses the challenge of costly and complex mediation solutions deployment through a simple out-off-path mediation appliance, it also provides a powerful tool for extracting high quality business intelligence from online activity, to empower various business needs:
- Secure the organization’s online operation from fraudulent activity with anti-fraud solutions
- Comply with regulatory standards such as PCI, by logging online transactions in real time
- Monitor the performance of their web applications
- Enable real-time personalized marketing campaigns through real time business intelligence