Preventing Virtual Desktop User Downtime and Performance Degradation
In a virtual desktop and application virtualization environment, employee desktops run in the data center and not on the employee's own PC. A thin presentation client running on each employee machine relies on an open connection in order to send commands and present the results back to the user.
For that reason, a broken connection or a heavily congested link translates immediately into an employee's inability to perform tasks as they are unable to efficiently use mission-critical or revenue-generating applications.
Radware's integrated application delivery solution provides virtual desktop application virtualization with full availability and enhanced performance, and it includes the following products:
- Radware's AppDirector and Alteon AAS are intelligent application delivery controllers (ADC) for the data center. Enabling high availability, optimized application performance, application security, and infrastructure scalability. AppDirector and Alteon AAS provide application acceleration features, such as Web compression, secure socket layer (SSL) offloading, and caching for the fastest application and transaction response times.
- Radware's LinkProof: is a smart multi‐WAN load balancing solution. LinkProof ensures data center and branch office connectivity to the Internet and Intranets through multiple ISPs and private lines to overcome connectivity loss.
LinkProof enhances user experience and response time with its sophisticated set of smart link load balancing features, and application bandwidth management capabilities. Download the LinkProof Data Sheet for more information.
Key Benefits of Radware's Desktop Application Virtualization Solution
- Prevents user "downtime" with 24x7 connectivity
- Maximizes the performance of Internet links to improve user experience
- Optimizes the network path for virtual desktop users through unique, advanced health monitoring and performance checks
- Provides 24x7 access for virtual desktop users by ensuring the virtual desktop management (VDM) application is fully available and better performing Improves VDM security server performance by offloading CPU-intensive SSL decryption from VDM secure servers to the network