Radware's New AppXML Helps Customers Tackle Web Services and SOA Deployment Challenges
Radware (NASDAQ: RDWR), the leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced a new solution, AppXML, designed specifically for helping customers tackle the challenges of deploying web services and SOAs. An extension of Radware's award winning APSolute solution, AppXML is a security and performance driven platform which provides enterprises with the foundational infrastructure enabling secure, high-performance XML and web services communications for mission critical applications.
Although SOA and XML based-web services allow for enterprises to dynamically integrate their business processes and IT systems using open standards-based specifications, they leave enterprises open to increased security risks and performance degradation. AppXML enables customers to exchange secure web services between enterprise and business partners and other interactive users whilst providing them with key features to boost application capabilities. These include:
- Increased Performance Acceleration
- Transforms synchronous web services to an asynchronous (queue-based) process for delayed batch-processing
- Offloads XML processing from servers and accelerates SSL transport for web services
- Provides control on invocations per second to manage SLAs with bandwidth management
- Offloads tasks from application servers to dedicated hardware
- Enhanced Security
- Protects from both non-deliberate and malicious attacks with industry-leading authentication, authorization and admission controls
- Secures web services and networks from external and internal threats by validating XML structure, filtering malicious content, cloaking and WSDL virtualization
- Delivers further security of web services of denial-of-service attacks and scalability to accommodate growing capacity requirements
- Ensures Web service message integrity and privacy through schema validation, SSL decryption, message encryption and signing
- Streamlined Deployment - Facilitated Manageability and Reporting Capabilities
- Enables faster integration with Web services with protocol-mixing of XML and non-XML traffic, interoperability, XML processing and transformation
- Speeds implementation with minimal disruption to application services through strong WSDL policy management, proxy-based approach and interoperability and redundancy support
Amir Peles, Radware's CTO explained, "With the addition of AppXML to their IT infrastructure, financial services and e-commerce enterprises as well as government institutions can benefit from better business agility and IT flexibility. They will be able to react more quickly to security risks, integrate more easily with their partners, reduce time to market and benefit from a secure e-business process integration."
AppXML is an appliance developed by the coupling of Radware's award-winning APSolute application delivery platform and Forum Systems' industry-leading XML Sentry software. Together, and less than one year after the announcement of their partnership, Radware and Forum developed a complete solution that enterprises can use to optimize and manage their web-based activities.
"Radware is the only provider offering a unified load-balancing and web services platform, reducing the costs of implementing and maintaining SOA deployments," explained Mamoon Yunus, CTO for Forum Systems. "This is a logical, strategic approach to enhancing security and increasing performance of SOA implementation which provides a great return on investment with low cost of ownership," Yunus concluded.
Enterprises can leverage AppXML by combining Radware's application delivery solutions which optimizes performance and delivers high-level security. Collectively using AppXML with Radware's AppDirector, and industry-leading application delivery controller and Radware's AppXcel, provides a comprehensive set of web services security, acceleration and optimization to ensure fast, reliable and secure delivery of mission-critical web-enabled services and ensure secure and continuous on-line business activity.
Radware (NASDAQ:RDWR), the global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for more than 5,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSoluteâ„¢, Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of intelligent front end, access, and security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business smart". For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, general business conditions in the Application Switching or Network Security industry, changes in demand for Application Switching or Network Security products, the timing and amount or cancellation of orders and other risks detailed from time to time in Radware's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Radware's Form 20-F.