Manager, Sales Engineer
Radware is looking for a Sales Engineer (SE) Manager with excellent technical and organizational skills to join our sales team. The manager will lead a team of pre-sales engineers on the West Coast who engage with sales managers, channel partners, integrators and end users to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations and proof of concepts on Radware technologies and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. The SE manager will lead efforts to drive champion and solution innovation, working across the organization to identify the right assets and tools to drive customer adoption. The SE Manager will also directly own a list of accounts in their local region.
This position will be 25 – 50% travel.
As a manager:
- Hire, coach and drive a high performance team to deliver against assigned goals while prioritizing an outstanding customer experience to customers and prospects.
- Work with the team to ramp up adoption in the late cycle. Create activities (e.g. identifying and handling key customer technical questions and objections) and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scoping out migration workloads.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Radware’s value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Radware’s Platform effectiveness.
For the direct ownership of accounts:
- Work with the territory sales manager(s), channel partners, integrators and end-users to drive sales.
- Identify the opportunities, grasp the technical significance, and be able to understand the business problem.
- Work independently and in concert with a team in coordinating and executing various hands-on PoCs, solution demonstrations, trade shows, etc.,
- Prompt escalation management gauging a situation and its criticality.
- Conduct presentations, Webex sessions and whiteboard sessions fluently to pitch solutions effectively.
- Articulate the value of a solution, and its fit in a customer environment, with a focus on solution selling.
- Prepare RFP/RFI responses in a clear and coherent manner that emphasize the capabilities of the solution.
- Stay up to date on technologies, trends etc., in the field of Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs), application architecture, and application security.
- Stay up to date on network security trends, especially in the area of perimeter security and DoS mitigation, cloud services, etc.
- Deliver technical overview and informal sales training of channel partners, VARs, integrators, and end-users.
- Travel can be expected to be significant, and may vary with sales territory/region.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team)
- 5+ years experience in a pre sales engineer role
- 2 - 3 years of people management experience, managing a team and attracting and growing talent.
- In-depth knowledge of OSI layers 2 – 7
- Demonstrated proficiency at system integration
- Ability to interpret packet captures and diagnose underlying problems
- Experience with load balancers, firewalls, web servers and caching
- Understanding of bandwidth management and quality of service concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network environments
- Knowledge of VPN, SSL and encryption related concepts
- Knowledge of SNMP version 1, 2 & 3 plus the ability to read MIBS
- Good presentation, speaking and negotiation skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Independent and self-motivated
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or a MBA.
- Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments and technical experience of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SAAS, PAAS and IAAS and competitive cloud productivity suites.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level in business and technology transformation and ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Proven ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential particularly in sales environment able to influence cross-functional teams to achieve common business objectives.
- Ability to effectively operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Goal oriented, self-motivated individual who is confident, thorough, and tenacious. Analytical, detail-oriented and able to “zoom” in/out from the big picture to the minutiae. Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with network perimeter security such as DDoS mitigation tools, and Web Application Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with security tools such as Backtrack, Kali, Z.A.P, HPING, Tcpreplay, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs, load balancers) with knowledge of
- Server Load Balancing
- Global Server Load Balancing
- L7 routing/switching, and manipulation.
- Basic Knowledge of widely deployed enterprise applications such as SharePoint, Outlook, Oracle Web Apps, etc.,
- Knowledge of cloud security services, cloud hosting, etc.
- Any scripting/programming skills or familiarity.