AppWall: Protect Critical Web Applications with Radware Web Application Firewall.
APSolute Web Security and Compliance with AppWall: Taking Web Application Security to the Next Level
Radware's AppWall® is a Web Application Firewall (WAF) appliance that secures Web applications and enables PCI compliance by mitigating web application security threats and vulnerabilities. It prevents data theft and manipulation of sensitive corporate and customer information.
Complete Web Application Protection
- Full coverage out-of-the-box of OWASP top-10 threats ─including injections, cross site scripting (XSS), cross site request forgery (CSRF), broken authentication and session management and security mis-configuration .
- Data leak prevention – identifying and blocking sensitive information transmission such as credit card numbers (CCN) and social security numbers (SSN).
- Zero-day attacks prevention – AppWall positive security profiles limiting the user input only to the level required by the application to properly function, thus blocking also zero day attacks. The positive security profiles are a proven protection against zero-day attacks.
- Protocol validation – AppWall enables HTTP standards compliance to prevent evasion techniques and protocol exploits.
- XML and Web services protection - AppWall offers a rich set of XML and web services security protections, including XML validity check web services method restrictions, XML structure validation to enforce legitimate SOAP messages and XML payloads.
- Web application vulnerabilities – signature protection offer the most accurate detection and blocking technology of web application vulnerability exploits. AppWall negative security profiles offers comprehensive attack protection.
Fully Addresses PCI DSS 2.0 Requirement 6.6
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) issued Data Security Standard (DSS) to prevent financial fraud and information leak from on-line businesses processing credit cards. AppWall fully addresses requirement 6.6 by:
- Protecting credit card numbers leakage and use of web hacking techniques to disclose information processed through web applications
- Out-of-the-box PCI policies
- PCI compliance reports
The Secret Sauce: Adaptive Policy Creation
AppWall offers patent-protected technology to create and maintain security policies for widest security coverage with lowest false positives and lowest operational effort.
Once enabling the auto policy generation module, AppWall analyzes the security related attributes of the protected web application and derives the potential threats in the application. The web application is mapped into application zone, each with its own common potential threats. It then generates granular protection rules per each zone and sets a policy in blocking mode once it has completed an optimization process that minimizes false-positives while maintaining best security coverage.
Integral Part of the Application Delivery Solution
As AppWall is an integral part of Radware's suite of Application Delivery Controller (ADC) solutions, customers can augment their Web application security protection with: local and global traffic redirection, application acceleration, bandwidth management, and other application-aware services, all while benefitting from a standardized hardware platform. Combining AppWall with Radware ADC solution provides a comprehensive set of availability, acceleration, and security services designed to ensure the fast, reliable, and secure delivery of mission-critical Web applications.
Complete Network and Application Security Solution
Radware's award winning DefensePro™ is a real-time network attack prevention device that protects your application infrastructure against network & application downtime, application vulnerability exploitation, malware spread, Information theft and other emerging network attacks. DefensePro includes the set of security modules - DoS Protection, Network Behavioral Analysis (NBA), Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Reputation Engine - to fully protect networks against known and emerging network security threats.
Together with AppWall we offer you the best network and web application security solution for your data center and on-line applications.
AppWall Virtual Appliance
AppWall Virtual Appliance (VA) is designed to provide maximum agility through download of a single virtual appliance file (.ova), upload of license file, and swift initial configuration, for multiple environments including:
- virtualized data centers
- private and public cloud environments
- enterprise virtualized data centers
- testing and staging environments
- training, demonstration and POCs
AppWall Virtual Appliance and AppWall Appliance Offering the Same Management Application and Features
AppWall VA and AppWall appliance use the same AppWall management application to manage the security policy and to configure the devices. You can also define a VA as a node in a form factor based AppWall Cluster manager. Both platforms offer the same feature set and enable seamless policy distribution.
Easy Migration From Test Environments to Production
AppWall VA is a useful tool for lab, testing, and demo environments, where network, security, and application teams can quickly deploy it to test how applications and networks will respond in a production environment when managed by an AppWall device. Once testing is concluded, you can either deploy the application and the AppWall VA in the production environment or easily migrate from the AppWall VA policy to the AppWall appliance production environment, since AppWall VA is identical in features and capabilities to the form factors. This approach simplifies the integration between the developed application and AppWall VA and shortens the deployment time of new applications and services in the virtualized and cloud data centers. Alternatively, AppWall VA can be deployed in the production environment, where its advanced auto policy generation tools can be utilized to generate tailored policies for the protected application.
Intelligently Embedding Radware's 'On Demand' Strategy
AppWall embraces Radwa're OnDemand Strategy with its "pay-as-you-grow" approach that allows organizations to pay only for the exact capacity currently required. While preventing over-spending on the initial solution, the OnDemand strategy enables organizations to benefit from top performance of high-end platform and best in class response time. Throughput capacity can be added on demand to meet new business requirements with no forklift upgrades. The "pay-as-you-grow" approach enables organizations to overcome capacity planning challenges and reduces risk associated with data center growth for best investment protection.