Highest Mitigation Performance in the Market Defends Customers Against DoS and DDoS Attacks of Up to 25 Million Packets per Second
Radware® (NASDAQ: RDWR), a leading provider of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers, today announces the introduction of DefensePro® x420, the next-generation hardware platform in the company’s flagship DefensePro application security suite.
With the ability to handle 25 million packets per second of attack traffic, regardless of packet size, as well as up to 40Gbps of legitimate traffic, DefensePro x420 offers the world’s highest mitigation capacity and is designed to protect organizations from the industry’s highest volume denial-of-service (DoS) and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
“Today’s attacks destroy customer experience and have the potential to take down systems for weeks on end,” says Avi Chesla, chief technology officer, Radware. “As organizations are overwhelmed by crippling network and application level attacks, industry demands have called for a more powerful, high-capacity solution. Our response is DefensePro x420, which is agnostic to packet size and capable of separating legitimate and non-legitimate traffic between hardware components. It is also part of the Radware Attack Mitigation System (AMS), which is the most advanced attack mitigation solution available on the market today.”
Additional industry-leading attack mitigation features of Radware’s DefensePro x420 solution include:
- High Throughput Processing: Critical to the demanding nature of today’s online businesses, DefensePro x420 offers performance throughput of up to 40Gbps.
- Complete Separation of Legitimate and Attack Traffic Processing: Unique to Radware’s solutions, DefensePro is able to identify and separate legitimate and illegitimate traffic and handle each traffic type by a separated processing hardware. This ensures that the quality of experience for a legitimate user is never diminished or compromised, even during a massive application layer attack.
- Industry Exclusive 40G Ports: Recognizing the evolution of data centers, Radware has armed the DefensePro x420 with both 10G and 40G ports to support current and future networks.
- Critical Component of Radware’s Award Winning Attack Mitigation Solution (AMS): Radware’s AMS includes integration of critical inspection and analysis modules, including Anti-DoS, Network and Application Behavioral Analysis (NBA), IPS, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and reputation engine capabilities that continuously monitor traffic, providing protection against a wide range of cyber attacks and fully safeguarding networks, servers and applications against known and emerging network security threats. DefensePro also uses patent-protected behavioral based real-time signature technology to detect and mitigates emerging network attacks in real time.
- Major Enhancements to Challenge-Response Rate: Connection-based application DDoS attacks are on the rise with a greater application transaction attack rate than ever. Radware’s DP application challenge response mechanism can now perform up to multi-million application challenge /sec. Thus, applications are quickly and effectively shielded from the most intense, high-volume application level DDoS attacks.
DefensePro x420’s high capacity performance metrics cater to the needs of the world’s largest online businesses and service providers. With x420, these businesses now have access to the DefensePro family’s first-class capabilities, at the largest scale they require.
Additionally, as DefensePro has the highest mitigation performance in the market, telecommunications companies, carriers and managed security providers that offer DDoS protection to customers can now provide extensive cloud scrubbing centers– eliminating the need to deploy multiple devices and enhancing cloud and hosting cost structures.
For more information about the DefensePro family of products, please visit www.radware.com.
Radware (NASDAQ: RDWR), is a global leader of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers. Its award-winning solutions portfolio delivers full resilience for business-critical applications, maximum IT efficiency, and complete business agility. Radware’s solutions empower more than 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers worldwide to adapt to market challenges quickly, maintain business continuity and achieve maximum productivity while keeping costs down. For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
Radware encourages you to join our community and follow us on; LinkedIn, Radware Blog, Twitter, YouTube, Radware Connect app for iPhone® and our new security center DDoSWarriors.com that provides a comprehensive analysis on DDoS attack tools, trends and threats.
© 2012 Radware, Ltd. All rights reserved. Radware and all other Radware product and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Radware in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and names are property of their respective owners.
This press release may contain statements concerning Radware’s future prospects that are “forward-looking statements” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements preceded by, followed by, or that otherwise include the words "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "estimates", "plans", and similar expressions or future or conditional verbs such as "will", "should", "would", "may" and "could" are generally forward-looking in nature and not historical facts. These statements are based on current expectations and projections that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that future results will be achieved, and actual results could differ materially from forecasts and estimates. These risks and uncertainties, as well as others, are discussed in greater detail in Radware’s Annual Report on Form 20-F and Radware’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Radware undertakes no commitment to revise or update any forward-looking statement in order to reflect events or circumstances after the date any such statement is made. Radware’s public filings are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov or may be obtained on Radware’s website at www.radware.com.