AppDirector provides end-to-end performance acceleration of Web- and SSL-based applications for all end-users types such as desktops, PDAs and smart-phones.
AppDirector's acceleration technologies include SSL offloading, Web compression, static and dynamic content caching, TCP optimization and bandwidth utilization control for fast application and transaction response times and the best Quality of Experience (QoE) across various media types (e.g., cellular connections, wireless networks, broadband connections).
By offloading SSL and persistent functions (processor- and server-intensive operations) from servers, AppDirector frees server CPU to handle additional requests, thus eliminating the need to buy additional hardware to support application processing requirements.
AppDirector handles centralized, multi-device application and SSL management which:
- Reduces the complexity and the cost of managing SSL server infrastructure through centralized, tamper-resistant certificates/key protection and management
- Significantly reduces Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) card deployment costs while preventing attackers from gaining access to sensitive information (e.g., keys and certificates) contained in the module
- Reduces OPEX of installing and managing certificates on each and every server
- Simplifies maintenance and troubleshooting
- Centralizes monitoring of SSL performance
- Provides complete reporting and auditing of configuration changes required for regulatory compliance