AppXcel provides end-to-end performance acceleration of web- and SSL-based applications for all end-users types such as desktops, PDAs and smart-phones.
AppXcel’s acceleration technologies include web compression, image reduction, caching, HTTP connection multiplexing, TCP optimization and controlling bandwidth utilization for fast application and transaction response times and the best end-user experience across various media types (e.g., cellular connections, wireless networks, broadband connections).
By offloading SSL and persistent functions (processor- and server-intensive operations) from servers, AppXcel frees the servers’ CPUs to handle additional requests, thus eliminating the need to buy additional hardware in order to support application processing requirements. AppXcel clustering capabilities enable seamless transaction scalability delivering up to 150,000 new SSL TPS, accommodating future transaction growth.
This application accelerator handles centralized multi-device application and SSL management which
- Reduces the complexity and the costs of managing SSL server infrastructure through centralized, tamper-resistant certificates/key protection and management
- Significantly reduces Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) card deployment costs while preventing attackers from gaining access to sensitive information (e.g., keys and certificates) contained in the module
- Reduces OPEX of installing and managing certificates on each and every server
- Simplifies maintenance and troubleshooting
- Centralizes monitoring of SSL performance
- Provides complete reporting and auditing of any configuration changes required for regulatory compliance