Businesses wishing to enhance the availability and overall performance of the servers within their data center can benefit from the advantages of server optimization. Through processes such as physical hardware consolidation and server virtualization, businesses can optimize the way business-critical data is processed and distributed. Whether an organization is delivering business applications and information to a local office network, or offering application resources to remote and mobile users across the globe, implementing a server optimization solution can provide the flexibility, scalability and accessibility needed to reduce costs, comply with regulatory pressures and achieve business goals now, and in the future.
As an enterprise assesses the overall performance of its network to determine which server optimization solution it needs, it must examine the level of application availability and usability experienced by end-users. Are applications easy to access and use? Are they being delivered across the network in reasonable times? Consolidation and virtualization are critical to the optimized performance that is so crucial to business success. With the right server optimization system, organizations can achieve this increased performance.
Minimizing the amount of hardware used within a company's data center is the first step toward improved performance: Servers that were once used to support certain, now inactive, locations are no longer needed. While these servers may still provide application delivery, their processes can be consolidated into other dedicated servers. This server consolidation process will reduce the number of physical servers required by the workload of a network and help reduce or eliminate the cost expenditure on those under-utilized servers. Through this method of server optimization, organizations can decrease the number of servers or server locations used, thereby maximizing data center efficiency and increasing business performance.
The creation of virtual servers is another method of server optimization that businesses can utilize to increase network performance. Server virtualization allows local, remote and mobile end-users to access applications and information via a server's virtual environment. This application server optimization creates virtual layers within a physical server, splitting it up so that different applications and operating systems can be run from the same server. This increased availability and subsequent accessibility can provide optimized performance by distributing applications to larger groups of users.
Radware Server Optimization Solutions
If your company or enterprise is looking to optimize its servers by consolidation or virtualization, Radware offers the most advanced solution in the industry. By optimizing server infrastructure resources and enabling seamless consolidation and high scalability, Radware’s application delivery solution drives productivity and return on investment.
The complete suite offers the following comprehensive set of features, which are essential to effective server optimization, especially over multiple data centers:
- Global Redirection
- QoS Enforcement/Traffic Shaping
- On Demand Throughput & Scalability
- Web & Image Compression
- SSL Offloading
- TCP Multiplexing
- TCP Optimization
- Web Application Firewall
- XML Acceleration/Security
- Multi-WAN Switching
- Integrated IPS & DoS Protection
- Real-Time Signature Protection
Radware’s Application Delivery suite includes:
- AppDirector: This intelligent application delivery controller (ADC) for the data center enables high local and global server availability, optimized application performance, application security and infrastructure scalability.
- AppXcel: This application accelerator features Web compression, secure socket layer (SSL) offloading, HTTP multiplexing, TCP optimization, image optimization, caching and Web firewall capabilities for the fastest application and transaction response times and security
- AppXML: This comprehensive XML gateway is designed specifically to help customers tackle the performance and security challenges of deploying web services and service oriented architectures (SOA)
- LinkProof – This multi-WAN switch offers reliable, fast connectivity with enterprise multi-homing and WAN optimization functionality to provide global access to critical applications hosted in the data center.
For questions or more information about our server optimization solutions, products and services, please contact us and a knowledgeable Radware representative will answer promptly.